The Shackle

/ Saturday, February 9, 2013 /


This is my 60 second video project.
For this project, we had to randomly choose a prop. All of the props were spread out on the floor in trash bags, so we had no idea what we were going to get. We ended up with a toy shackle (a fairly cheap one...it broke about five minutes after we shot our last shot). After 15 minutes of brainstorming, we decided that we would have Ben be a boy trying out for the track team. The shackle was more of a metaphor for the hurt he felt after being insulted by me than anything else. We added the cupcakes at the end to finish on a more humorous note.
We used one of the school's cameras, which actually produced much better quality film than I had expected.
This project really showed me that it is possible to make videos very quickly. We had a week to complete the project, and I am very happy with the result. By carefully planning out each day and mapping out our goals, Rachel, Amy, Ben, Jordan and I were able to finish the video during class. Although more editing time would have made the finished product a little cleaner, I think that the video still turned out great.
This was a really fun project and I am glad that our British exchange students were able to do it with us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Copyright © 2010 Andrea's Blog, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger